So I had an ingenious idea roughly half an hour ago while I was making dinner.
TETRAZZINI + MANICOTTI = ?
If my calculations are correct the answer to this equation is DELICIOUS. I will keep you posted whenever I actually make this (assuming I remember to ever make it).
So you might be asking “what’s for dinner?” The answer is *drum roll* chicken manicotti. Hence the idea. I’m trying to whittle away at my ‘Food I Must Make’ board on Pinterest and this is on the list. Sadly, many recipes on Pinterest call for what I believe is an abundance of onions. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against onions…well that’s a lie, I don’t really care for onions because I never really ate them growing up because my gma is allergic but that’s besides the point. I haven’t actually EATEN any of this yet because I’m waiting for it to cool as it sits beside me and I fend the vultures *cough* I mean dogs off.
Okay then. Still not feeling the onions (I halved the amount of onions and I’m still thinking too much) but other than that I vote YUM!
I couldn’t get a picture before My boyfriend descended upon the food and devoured it >_<
I’ve been super busy in the kitchen today, I also made muffins!
peanut butter banana oatmeal muffins. Can you say healthy? I can 😀
another one of my Pinterest list! Now if only I can stop adding things to my board faster than I can eat them….
Finally, last but not least, I am making cake!
ummmm yeah…I haven’t actually finished that one yet…and I need to do my daily workout on Just Dance 3 before I can even THINK about finishing it.
look at these cute faces! The big one is Hachi she’s my puppy ^_^ and the little one is Teddy he’s my boyfriends and he’s an old man (around 10 years old) but still adorable.
In other news this omurice (rice omelet) has a face!
If you want to know how to make this \/ \/
I kind of combine two different recipes so this is NOT how they actually make it in asian countries…I think
- a cup or two of leftover rice (or newly made rice whatever floats your boat)
- 2 eggs
- a large dash of milk
- other random veggies if you wish
- tomato based sauce (spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, etc)
- Saute your veggies until cooked
- Mix with rice and tomato based sauce. You want enough sauce to coat everything but not make it soupy
- Beat your eggs and mix in milk. Heat a frying pan to sizzling then add the eggs, making sure it spreads out very thinly
- When the egg is cooked through pour your veggierice mixture in the center. Fold all of the corners in to meet in the center and press down with your spatula
- Next is the magic part! Try and flip your omelet over onto your plate without destroying it. Good Luck. If you destroy just make it look like your didn’t and hide it with the next step
- Take your ketchup and Sriracha and decorate! I usually draw a heart with the ketchup but I wanted Sriracha this time so I filled in the mouth with sriracha. and then just smeared it all over when I went to eat it. But I like my food to have a face 😀
If you’re curious here’s the link to the recipe for the chocolate cake
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
imagine me devouring all this food like a savage ^_^